PROVIDING FAMILIES SUPPORT
Hi, I’m Lisa and I’m excited about facilitating change for families in this special phase of life.
Clients like to work with me as I provide guidance and support while giving space for the families to decide what is best for them.
Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual support is what I’d like to focus on as bringing home a baby has an effect on all of these levels.
I look forward to connecting with you to see if we are a good fit!
- Postpartum Healing: physical, mental, and emotional support while adjusting to parenthood. Provide a space to process birth experience and the emotions surrounding it.
- Infant Care: Demonstrations of newborn care (diapering, bathing, and swaddling etc.). Baby soothing and calming, techniques. Knowledge of product use and safety. Establish healthy sleep habits for your baby's long term well-being.
- Lactation & Feeding Support: Assist and troubleshoot with breastfeeding and bottle-feeding. Instruction of proper fit of breast pumps, preparation and sterilization of nursing equipment, and storage of milk etc. Troubleshoot breastfeeding issues and provide remedies. Demonstrate paced bottle-feeding techniques.
- Organizing, cleaning and support families in transition - new babies, moving family members in and out of home.
Infant + Child Care
- Established positive relationships with children by designing creative activities.
- Maintained child’s health and well-being by providing meals, assisting with hygiene and administering medicine, optimizing healthy eating and sleeping schedule.
- Create age appropriate activities.
New moms have experienced a deep physical transformation- one that requires moving the body in a new way.
Having studied the mechanics of a postpartum body, Lisa provides instruction on deep breathing to strengthen the core, back, and pelvis while remaining sensitive to any challenges that may arise.
Learn more about my 1-hour postpartum sessions here
“Partnering with Lisa for postpartum doula support was one of the best decisions we made. As first time parents, there was a steep learning curve for us to get over and her support and knowledge was exactly what we needed. Before our son was born, she did a walk through of our nursery/home and provided recommendations on items to have on hand for when our little one arrived. Once our son was born, our situation was made more challenging with a difficult labor and delivery and an extended NICU stay. “
Stacy & Justin Smet
“Lisa was always prompt and brought a positive, calming attitude and demeanor into our home every night… She went above and beyond by bringing my wife several different homemade teas meant to help stimulate milk production… Having Lisa’s support not only helped us understand the ins and outs of early parenthood but also allowed us to get the much-needed rest during the night so we were fresh each day and could devote our best selves to our daughter during the day.”
Zach & Kristen
Having a confident and knowledgeable person in my space for the first 3 months after birth was the best decision our family has made. Lisa was accommodating, kind, and considerate with her care for the baby and family. She helped us transition into bottle feeding which helped our baby grow properly and kept her sleep schedule on track.
Lindsey P. Johnson
What Parents Say